One of the challenges ACT! by Sage users have had in the passed is getting the software installed properly. It has certainly improved in recent years, but there are still certain best practices to follow. Just released, the From the Trenches ACT! 2010 Install Video. Customer feedback from past from the trenches install videos has been positive, and indicate is getting better with each passing year. This year we are making it available to the general public for purchase (previously included as a bonus for purchasing the ACT! software from us). We hope this year’s version is just as valuable. Taken from the description page in the store here is what is included (scroll for screenshot).
Note: So there is no confusion, this is currently available for no charge for customers who purchase the ACT 2010 software or ACT! Platinum Care renewals from us. It is included as a part of our limited, customer’s only bonus package.
In this 15 minute live-streaming video, (scroll for screenshot) best practices are shared that have been developed working with consulting clients over long period of time, spanning 6 versions of ACT!. Consulting clients paid thousands to have someone else deal with getting the software installed. You can have instant access to the training just moments from now.
- Real-World (and realistic) system requirements
- What you need to do to prepare your Windows workstation for installation (pay special attention here!)
- Implications of .Net on your system
- Install options you need to be aware of
- Implications of rebooting
- Uninstalling previous versions of ACT!
- SQL Installation
Video *DOES NOT* Include:
- Data conversion from previous versions of ACT!
- Data import (lists or spreadsheets)
- Server installation (Windows 2003/2008 Server versions)
- ACT! for Web Installation (firewall and other configurations)
- Workstation Performance Optimization tips
Important Notes on Your Purchase:
- This is a live-streaming video, requires an internet connection. No DVD is sent to you.
- Because of the nature of the information shared, there are no refunds on this training product. No exceptions.
- A good installation is key to getting going right with ACT!. What is shared in this video will save you time and money, when you follow the instructions given.
Your turn: I want to hear from you. What has your experience been with ACT! 2010 installation? If a customer, what is your feedback on the From the Trenches ACT! 2010 Install video? Likes. Dislikes. How can it be better?