- If you have and ACT! database and recently purchased an iPad/iPhone or Android smartphone or tablet, you might be wondering, is it possible to get ACT! on my iPhone or other device!
- Guest Rushang Shah (not Shaw as in the video) of CompanionLink talks about this challenge.
- CompanionLink is the “oldest startup in the world.”
- Been working with ACT! by Sage since version 3.
- Rushang will be sharing a special offer for mobile ACT! users toward the end of the video.
- He talks about the evolution of mobile smartphones/devices.
- What hasn’t changed are the fundamental rules of mobile business productivity.
- Old days: the PC. Today: iPad and Android based devices.
- Question: How to get valuable ACT! data to these mobile devices?
- “SmartPhones are actually pretty dumb.”
- They are missing the data and business productivity component.
- This is the gap that CompanionLink and DejaOffice are looking to fill.
iPad/Android User, Is this Your Situation?
- Considering an iPad, iPhone, or Android based device, but wondering how the ACT! data will get there.
- Have recently purchased and iPad, iPhone, or Android based device, and realizing you have few options for getting ACT! data to the device.
What CompanionLink Does for ACT! Users
- Ensures changes to the data in the ACT! database is sent to the device.
- App on the device presents the ACT! data (DejaOffice). Includes Sage ACT!, activities, todos, and notes.
- Can sync ACT! data to Google Gmail account, and then sync to phone
- Can sync ACT! using a secure and direct connection CompanionLink app, giving users the ability to sync wirelessly. HIPPA compliant. CompanionLink controls entire process with this approach